How to Join Army MARS
The application must...
- Be 17 years of age or older. (Signature of parent or legal guardian is required when an
applicant is under 18 years of age.)
- Be a United States Citizen or resident alien. (Possess a valid amateur radio license issued by
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) or other competent U.S. Authority.)
- Possess a station capable of operating on MARS VHF and/or HF frequencies.
- Agree to operate a minimum of 12 hours per calendar quarter with 6 hours being on VHF and or HF
Types of Membership
There are four types of membership:
- Individual Membership: A privately owned VHF and/or HF radio station, licensed by the FCC
and/or host authority, operated by an individual who is a member of and licensed by Army MARS.
- Club Membership: A radio station licensed in MARS that is established, operated, and maintained
by volunteers under the auspices of a properly constituted military and/or civilian amateur radio
- Auxiliary Membership: Auxiliary membership is designated for non-operators who perform a
- Military Unit Membership: Military unit MARS stations are operated and maintained under the
auspices of a military command, and are authorized on the table of distribution and allowances/table of
organization and equipment (TDA/TOE). Military station categories include active Army, Reserves, National
Guard, and Corps of Engineers.
Applying for Membership
To request an application for membership either e-mail our
administrative staff or write to...
US ARMY NETCOM/9th SC(A)
BLD 90549 JIM AVENUE
FORT HUACHUCA, AZ 85613-7070
Provide and email or mailing address and we'll send you a membership packet.