Guidelines and Expectations for Vendors Seeking to Market to NETCOM
NETCOM is ready to receive capability and product briefings from the vendor community. NETCOM can receive these briefings/presentations/demonstrations via telephone, via video teleconference (VTC), or in person. To ensure an efficient interaction and to assist the vendor community, NETCOM has developed a set of guidelines to assist vendors in their interactions with NETCOM.
- E-mail a read-ahead to NETCOM Vendor Engagements 72 hours in advance to USARMY.Huachuca.NETCOM.mbx.NETCOM-Vendor-Engagements@mail.mil.
- Please realize that schedules are subject to change. If an unplanned event occurs during the prearranged date/time, this may result in a cancellation and/or a reschedule. Because a cancellation is possible, it is important that your email and phone numbers are updated on the Vendor Engagement Request Form..
- If you are preempted from a confirmed appointment, attempts will be made to reschedule at the next mutually convenient date.
- If you are a no-show for an appointment, you run the risk of not being extended the opportunity to brief. Have one form of photo identification for the Government gate if you plan on being on site.
- Be mindful of your allotted time which is 15 minutes for a phone or teleconference or 30 minutes for an in-person briefing, unless otherwise stated. Occasionally, a meeting may not start on time, but may need to conclude at the prearranged time. Please be flexible.
- If you require audiovisual equipment, please let us know in advance.
- If there is a specific audience within NETCOM you wish to be included in the briefing, we will extend an invite to these individuals. We will circulate within the NETCOM your presentation data.
- Please remember you have been invited to perform a specific briefing, presentation, demonstration, or test/evaluation. Your escort will not take you to any other office or organization. You may not use this as an opportunity to make unannounced visits to offices not on your approved agenda.